"Dress for the life you want," also means, "Groom for the week you want to have." Taking care of one's skin, hair, and hygiene can give you the look and feel to boost morale for the day's antics and adventures.
A weekly grooming routine is the "me" time that gets you to your "Sunday Best" any day of the week. Plus, your mom would be proud.
We're eager to keep readers polished in the best of ways, whether it's off on an escape or winging in the city. Abbott's Jose Alvarez is all over it and praises the grooming process as the way to get off on the right foot. Read on to learn more about Jose's grooming routine and a list of his favorite products.
"I'm pretty routine in my grooming. I've tried a lot of products and I've figured out which make the process more enjoyable and provide the benefits I'm looking for."
- I use Santa Maria Novella Shaving Cream. The brand is classic Italian using the formulation that midevil monks used. The cream is made with menthol and eucalyptus, mildly scented with a Tabacco toscano cologne. I pair this with a double edge safety razor.
- For after shave, I use Geo F Temper Extract of Limes because it's so refreshing.
- I clean my face with St. Ives Apricot Scrub for a deep cleanse.
- And finish it off with Aveeno Moisturizer (SPF).
For hair, my go-to is Malin and Getz Sage Styling Cream. Smells nice, it's also residue-free and doesn't irritate the scalp.
- For scents, I switch it up. On warmer days, I use Mojave with a spritz of Sequoia. On cooler days, I'll rotate between Big Sky and Telluride.
"After 35, you should really look into eye cream especially if you are starting your own business!"
- After my usual yoga workout, I'll warm soak with EiR Post Session Salts. The mix of essential oils and salts smells amazing and helps with sore muscles.
- Then, I'll use Aesop Body Balm
- If I'm heading out that night, I use Sequoia or Big Sky.
- Before bed, I'll apply Baxter of California Under Eye Cream for the night. After 35, you should really look into eye cream especially if you are starting your own business!